It’s January, start of a New Year, we’re ready to shake off the dust of 2011 and make 2012 a great year! We look forward to sharing this great year with you!
Landscape Tips for January
- Check the soil moisture around boxwood and holly, water if needed
- Snow can be used as mulch on perennials and areas where bulbs were planted last fall
- Don’t walk on lawns until frost has melted
- Make sure our recent deluges have not left bulbs and tree roots bare.
- Apply a slow-release fertilizer to perennial beds
- Cut back any perennials not trimmed in the fall
- Apply a soil acidifier around the base of holly and boxwood
- Add mulch or bark to beds if needed
- Complete lawn seeding projects
- Watch for aphids near the perennials
- Divide perennials (now or next month)
- Plant annuals (now or next month depending on weather)