Saturday, August 18th marked our Third Annual Customer Appreciation Event. The weather was perfect and many of our customers enjoyed walking around our beautifully upgraded landscaped grounds including new water features.
This is one of our favorite events of the year! We really enjoy showing you, our customer how much we appreciate your business and even more importantly your friendship.
We decided to pop open our barbecues for this event. We cooked up quite a few hamburgers and hotdogs.
Thank you for joining us on this wonderful day. We look forward to seeing you all again very soon!
Happy Holidays from Creative Visions Landscapes!!
Yes, it’s that time of year again. The days are shorter, the temperature is lower and none of us want to spend much time outside. But, there are a few things you should do before you hibernate for the winter.
Landscape Tips for December
- Prune evergreens and holly
- During heavy rains, watch for drainage problems in the yard. Tilling, ditching, and French drains are possible short-term solutions. Consider rain gardens and bioswales as a longer-term solution.
- Turn off water faucets to prevent freezing
- Protect new landscape plants from wind. Use stakes, wires and/or windbreaks as needed.
We are ready for some of that beautiful Oregon SUNSHINE!! It’s been a long wet spring and many lawns are really taking off as are the weeds. Here are a few landscape tips to help you get outside and enjoy that sunshine while getting your yard looking great!
• Spray weeds
• Allow bulb foliage to completely yellow and then cut back to the ground
• Prune spring-flowering shrubs and trees
May is a great time for planting. We had a long winter this year and there is nothing better than to get this spring started with some splashes of color in your yard. Hanging baskets are a great way to add color above ground level.
- Divide perennials
- Plant new perennials
- Plants annuals
- Cut back any mums that returned from last year by half
- Apply a slow-release fertilizer to perennial beds
- Cut back any perennials not trimmed in the fall
- Apply a soil acidifier around the base of holly and boxwood
- Add mulch or bark to beds if needed
- Complete lawn seeding projects
- Watch for aphids near the perennials
- Divide perennials (now or next month)
- Plant annuals (now or next month depending on weather)