Landscape Tips for April
Last month we commented on the unpredictable weather. Ha! Guess we spoke too soon. March was very unpredictable and it looks like April is going to do the same thing to us! We don’t know when spring is going to arrive. But, we hope we’ve turned the corner on the weather & headed to a bit more warmth!
When we do get a glimpse of the sun make sure you get out and enjoy it. While you’re at it, here are a few landscape tips for April.
• Apply a slow-release fertilizer to perennials beds
• Cut back any perennials not trimmed in the fall
• Apply a soil acidifier around the base of holly and boxwood
• Add mulch or bark to beds if needed
• Complete lawn seeding projects
• Watch for aphids near the perennials
• Divide perennials (now or next month)
• Plant annuals (now or next month depending on weather)